Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission should not have been previously published, nor be before another journal or peer-reviewed conference for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in Microsoft Word format. Video and audio files should be submitted separately to the Word file. Further information on submitting file formats other than Word should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org prior to submission.
- Where available, URLs and DOIs for the references have been provided. You can find and add DOIs to your journal articles by registering your email address at http://www.crossref.org/SimpleTextQuery
- The text employs italics for emphasis, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end - ensure illustrations and tables are also cited in the text. Authors must ensure permissions are cleared for any copies of images, tables, video, audio etc submitted from other sources and detail the copyright permission.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines below.
- An abstract of up to 300 words, including 5 key words, is provided along with a short bio (of 50 words) for each author with general contact information including links to social media accounts and relevant project blogs or websites.
- Referencing is in APA format. All cited sources should be referenced as changes at a later stage can affect the publication date.
- A full proofread and spellcheck has been completed.
- The JPAAP Word template has been used. This can found in the journal archive section.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
Journal of Perspectives in Applied Academic Practice has made best effort to ensure accuracy of the contents of this journal, however makes no claims to the authenticity and completeness of the articles published. Authors are responsible for ensuring copyright clearance for any images, tables etc which are supplied from an outside source.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.